ESG Academy
2019-07-24

Boeing a 'Morality Play' About Too Big to Fail, Posen Says


Boeing a 'Morality Play' About Too Big to Fail, Posen Says

Boeing a 'Morality Play' About Too Big to Fail, Posen Says


Bloomberg— FAA WAS WARNED BOEING HAD TOO MACH SWAY

These are pretty big hefty allegations and for the moment they're still ongoing investigations.
Adam.
這是一個蠻沉重的指控,並且他們正在進行調查中。亞當。

We understand that they’re company engineers,  so Boeing engineers cleared the equipment at the center of the crash probe.
我們據悉,他們是公司的工程師,這些波音公司的工程師把在碰撞探測器中的設備全部清空

How can this happen?
怎麼會發生這種情況?

Well, I mean to me, this is a morality play about companies that are too big to fail that are like we were discussing earlier national champions.
嗯,對我而言,這只是一個大到不能倒的大公司的一種道德操作;就像我們之前所提到的國際龍頭。

So they get trade protection and promotion by the government.
這樣他們可以獲得政府提供的貿易保護或幫助。

And a hands-off, you know, self policing regulatory regime, we're seeing this in Boeing is too big to fail.
然後,你知道的,一個自我監管的制度,我們可以看到波音的規模太大,大到不能倒。

And thus, corrupted and unconcerned, the way that it was in the banking system.
因此變得如此腐敗和漫不經心,跟以往的銀行系統一樣。

And this is a terrible morality play about the kind of capitalism, the U.S. is running these days.
然後這是一種目前美國正在使用的,很糟糕的資本主義道德操作。

I mean, I guess this could have been an error done in good faith because they talk about training.
我的意思是,我猜這會不會是一個美麗的錯誤,因為他們在說有關訓練的事情。

But I mean, I guess we’ll have to see it. Right? So we have to be a little bit careful.
但是我認為, 我們只能再觀察一下了,對吧? 所以我們要小心處理。

We have to be a little bit careful.
我們是需要小心處理。
But the idea, as your reporters have documented, has been discussing that we know that there were complaints about Boeing having too much way over its own self-regulation.
但是如同你的記者的報導,也一直在討論中,如同我們所知道的,有人在抱怨波音公司有太多方法去避開他們的自我監督制度。

We know that in trade deal after trade deal, the US government decides that Boeing is a national interest because it's too big to fail and it's a national champion .
我們在每次的貿易協定中都可以看到,美國政府把波音公司定位為一個大到不能倒的國家利益,而且還是國際龍頭。

So god forbid all these horrible deaths, you know.
所以只好說聲"上帝保佑"了。

But it's a morality play about the way we run our economy now.
但這只是一種經濟運作模式的道德操作罷了。

It's terrible.
這很糟糕。
 

Copyright Announcement: The above videos are  from the official Youtube channel of the organization. Boeing a 'Morality Play' About Too Big to Fail, Posen Says https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIALMKvObZNtJ6AmdCLP7Lg . The videos we selected are all publicly available on the official channel, and we do not own the copyright of these videos. Our work on Chinese translation for this film is free for the 1.2 billion audiences in Mandarin Chinese around the world to watch and learn SDGs and SROI advertising campaigns.

Choose Your Region