ESG Academy
2019-07-30

Greta Thunberg full speech at UN Climate Change COP24 Conference


Greta Thunberg full speech at UN Climate Change COP24 Conference

Greta Thunberg full speech at UN Climate Change COP24 Conference


My name is Greta Thunberg, I am 15 years old and I'm from Sweden.
我的名字叫Greta Thunberg,今年15歲,來自瑞典。

I speak on behalf of climate justice now. 
今天,我要以氣候變遷名義來發聲。

Many people say that Sweden is just a small country and it doesn't matter what we do.
許多人認為,瑞典只是一個渺小的國家,我們的所作所為並不能成就什麼大事。

But I've learned that you are never too small to make a difference.
不過在我接受的教育當中,滴水也可以穿石。

And if a few children can get headlines all over the world just by not going to school, then imagine what we could all do together if we really wanted to.
因此,如果有一群學生可以靠著罷課引起全世界的注意,那麼請想像,若大家齊心協力,我們能完成多大的基業。

But to do that we have to speak clearly, no matter how uncomfortable that may be.
不過想要達成這樣的目標,我們需要清楚的表示訴求,不論這麼做會帶來多少的不安。

You only speak of the green eternal economic growth, because you are too scared of being unpopular.
你總是將永續的綠色經濟增長掛在嘴邊,因為你過於懼怕自己將淪為過街老鼠。

You only talk about moving forward with the same bad ideas that got us into this mess, even when the only sensible thing to do is pull the emergency brake.
你總是期待著陳腐的爛主意帶我們邁步向前,不過卻是這些主意導致今日的慘況,唯一明智的決定,只不過是敲響警鐘。

You are not mature enough to tell it, like it is, even that burden you leave to us children.
你並不足夠成熟到說出事實的真相,儘管這也讓一切殘局淪落到我們下一代的孩子身上。

But I don't care about being popular, I care about climate justice and the living planets.
但我根本不在乎自己是否受歡迎,我只在乎氣候變遷的情況和我們居住的星球。

Our civilization is being sacrificed for the opportunity of a very small number of people to continue making enormous amounts of money.
我們所生活的文明世界,正因一小部分的人為圖謀暴利,而被犧牲著。

Our biosphere is being sacrificed so that rich people in countries like mine can live in luxury.
我們所擁有的生物圈,也正因好比我自己國家當中的富人們,可以享受奢華生活,而被犧牲著。

It is the sufferings of the many which pay for the luxuries of the few.
這是一場犧牲大我完成小我的艱困歷程。

The year 2078, I will celebrate my 75th birthday.
西元2078年,我將會度過我的75歲大壽。

If I have children, maybe they will spend that day with me.
如果我擁有子孫,或許他們會在這一天陪伴著我。

Maybe they will ask me about you, maybe they will ask why you didn't do anything while there still was time to act.
或許他們會向我問起你,或許他們會疑惑,為何你在還有機會做出行動時,卻袖手旁觀。

You say you love your children above all else and yet you're stealing their future in front of their very eyes.
你說你愛你的孩子勝過於一切,不過你卻正在它們的眼前剝奪他們未來的資源。

Until you start focusing on what needs to be done, rather than its what is politically
possible, there is no hope.
直到你開始聚焦在真正應該被完成的目標上,而不是你的政治出路前,我們都毫無希望。

We cannot solve a crisis without treating it as a crisis .
我們無法解決任何危機,直到你開始正視它。

We need to keep the fossil fuels in the ground and we need to focus on equity.
我們應該將化石燃料留在地底下,並聚焦在公平正義上。

And if solutions within this system are so impossible to find, then maybe we should change the system itself.
如若排除掉這些化石燃料後毫無替代的解決方案,那或許我們就該從這些已存的體系中著手修改。

We have not come here to beg world leaders to care.
我們來到這並不是要懇求各國領導人關注這個問題。

You have ignored us in the past, and you will ignore us again.
你們已經長期忽略這個問題了,你們必定會再度重道覆轍。

We have run out of excuses and we are running out of time.
我們已經再也沒有任何理由,也快要失去剩餘的時間。

We have come here to let you know, that change is coming.
我們來到這是要宣布給世人知道,改變正要來臨。

Whether you like it or not , the real power belongs to the people.
不論你喜歡與否,真正的權力掌握在人民手中。

Thank you.
謝謝。

 

Copyright Announcement: The above videos are  from the official Youtube channel of the organization. Greta Thunberg full speech at UN Climate Change COP24 Conference https://www.youtube.com/user/Connect4Climate . The videos we selected are all publicly available on the official channel, and we do not own the copyright of these videos. Our work on Chinese translation for this film is free for the 1.2 billion audiences in Mandarin Chinese around the world to watch and learn SDGs and SROI advertising campaigns.

Choose Your Region